IMPORTANT LINKS
Latest topics
» WELCOME TO ETERNITY
WELCOME TO ETERNITY EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 5:49 am by HYSTERIA ☸

» Site Rules
WELCOME TO ETERNITY EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 5:44 am by HYSTERIA ☸

» Sticky test
WELCOME TO ETERNITY EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 11:42 pm by WANDERLUST

» REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LONG<:
WELCOME TO ETERNITY EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 11:29 pm by WANDERLUST

» aye lmao mcds
WELCOME TO ETERNITY EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 1:22 am by HYSTERIA ☸

» Your first subject
WELCOME TO ETERNITY EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 11:39 pm by WANDERLUST

CHATBOX
{ WELCOME }
Welcome to Post-Mortem! Please feel free to register and take a look around! If you need some assistance, please don't hesitate to contact a staff member. We're running things based on an original idea that was originally Wanderlusts' idea. I am sure everyone has craved the answer to the age-old question, "What happens when we die?" More importantly, if there is a heaven and a hell, what happens to the good people of the world who simply never believed in a higher power? Do these innocent souls burn for eternity? On this forum, the answer is no. Actually, they simply stay on the Earth, however they live in a state of limbo, in a separate plain of existence, where the dead actually live in their own society. They live the rest of their eternity in a place not so different from the world of the living, except for the monsters that creep around that feed on the souls of the dead. Afterlife isn't exactly a walk in the park, souls live in fear of not only the monsters outside the walls of their city, but also of Reapers; Souls who have reached Decomposition Level Two and have been gifted power over other souls because of that. Interested? Sign up today!
STAFF
TEAM
{ AUGUST 15, 2015 }
So Scandalous is open for business! Welcome!

WELCOME TO ETERNITY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WELCOME TO ETERNITY Empty WELCOME TO ETERNITY

Post by HYSTERIA ☸ Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:49 am

The Beginning of The End

Welcome to Eternity!

Hello newly deceased! Yes, Deceased. Yes, you. Do you need a moment? Okay, that should be long enough. There’s no need to cry or get angry I assure you. This may seem like the end for you, and while it is in a sense, it is also a new beginning. I’m sure you’re rather confused as to exactly what that means for you.

No, this isn’t heaven. Hell, no it’s not that either. Limbo? No sir. This is Eternity, and for you it is the beginning to the end of everything you ever were. This is the place you will spend the rest of forever, if your soul doesn’t get devoured that is. You could also go mad, but that’s not something you need to worry about right now, or possibly ever. You know what forget I mentioned it. However if you follow the rules that shouldn’t happen to you! Getting devoured at least.

Anyway, moving on! Eternity is a city, not unlike wherever you lived before you perished I’m sure. We’ve recently done some remodeling and I bet you will be rather impressed. What? Oh, I’m sorry I guess I’m getting a bit ahead of myself. You’re wondering why you didn’t go to heaven or hell, right? That’s easy. You don’t belong there. If you are welcomed into Eternity it is because while you did not believe in God, you were still a rather honourable person. You didn’t murder anyone, didn’t steal, didn’t engage in sexual acts with animals, that kind of thing. If you didn’t commit sins worthy of hell, why send you there, right?

So our lovely city was born to give homage to those souls that were not holy, but not tainted by evil.
It’s a rather quaint little place where the souls who are gathered there can live. Yes, live. You can eat, sleep, sing, dance. You can’t have children but I’m sure that was a given. Hm? Your family? Well are they believers? Are they good people who don’t believe? Is one of them going to commit one of those damning sins? I can’t tell you that, so therefore I cannot tell you if they will one day join you here. I wouldn’t waste too much time thinking about that though. I know, I know that sounds harsh. Believe me I do, but think of it like this for a moment. You have already lived that life. It is over and you cannot go back to it. Sure, you should mourn it, but don’t waste your afterlife pining over a life you cannot return to. There is no resurrection for souls placed in Eternity. You did not believe in that religion, or any of them for that matter.

Eternity is a fresh start. It is a chance to keep on living after death. Embrace it!

Oh! I have a little surprise for you! Go ahead take a look. Pretty awesome right? That’s yet another perk to living in Eternity. When you die it can sometimes be a bit of a grisly little scene, yeah? So we take all that misplaced flesh and bone and we just put it back and hit rewind a bit. Whatever you looked like in the prime of your life, be it right before you died, or years before, that’s how you’ll look for the rest of forever! That can be a bit disconcerting for some, especially some of our residents who maybe, died in their sleep or had a stroke in their later years. Looking in a mirror and seeing your twenty year old self rather than the reflection of an old woman or man that you’d grown used to can be a bit of a shock. Still, who doesn’t want to be young and pretty forever?

Still confused? I’m sure you are. It takes a bit of getting used to. Death is an odd feeling, but don’t worry if you’re having a hard time there are resources available to you. There’s a counseling center located in City Hall, which is where the Reapers conduct their business and govern our fair city.

Reapers? Oh yes, reapers. Well they are your cabinet of representatives of sorts. Parliament? No, different than that. They guide souls to one afterlife or the other. I’m sure you’ve read or heard about them in one way or the other. Maybe seen them on TV. It’s not much different from your common folklore, but that’s beside the point here, let’s stay on track. All you need to remember at the moment is they make the rules, and you follow them, and if you do your afterlife should be smooth sailing.

So! I’m sure you’re just dying to start your new life here. Ha, get it, dying?

HYSTERIA ☸
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum